16 Aug Wild Blueberry Cashew Bars
If you didn’t know, wild blueberries (NOT to be confused with the farm grown blueberries in the product section) are a POWERHOUSE food with 2X the antioxidants of a traditional blueberry! The concentration of the antioxidant named anthocyanin is much higher of a concentration than the traditional blueberry. They contain immense healing properties adding elevated prebiotics to heal your gut, cleanse your liver, and flush toxins. It is important to include detox foods in our diet and this is an easy way! My kids love them in their mid morning smoothies blended with banana, chia seeds, kale, and spinach. The wild blueberry has a nutrient rich profile is packed with vitamin C+K and antioxidants. Luckily (since we don’t all live in their growing climates) we can find them in the frozen section of our grocery store. *Costco sells a large organic bag for a great deal!
If you love making healthy bars try you can also try our chewy pb chip granola bars.
Tag us @thrivalnutrition with your wild blueberry cashew bars or your favorite rendition with the tiny but mighty fruit. We love seeing your creations as you give yourself and your families the gift of healthier options.
WILD BLUEBERRY CASHEW BARS
- 16 Ounces Wild Blueberries Frozen
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Tablespoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Cashews Raw, Unsalted
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup Organic
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add and fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Add the bluberries on top and press down into the batter. Then add crushed cashews
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Feel free to add lemon, coconut, or different nuts in the future.