16 Aug Wild Blueberry Cashew Bars
If you didn’t know, wild blueberries (NOT to be confused with the farm grown blueberries in the product section) are a POWERHOUSE food with 2X the antioxidants of a traditional blueberry! They contain immense healing properties adding elevated prebiotics to heal your gut, cleanse your liver, and flush toxins. Their nutrient rich profile is packed with vitamin C+K and antioxidants. Luckily (since we don’t all live in their growing climates) we can find them in the frozen section of our grocery store. *Costco sells a large organic bag for a great deal!
WILD BLUEBERRY CASHEW BARS
- 16 Ounces Wild Blueberries Frozen
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Tablespoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Cashews Raw, Unsalted
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup Organic
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add and fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Add the bluberries on top and press down into the batter. Then add crushed cashews
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Feel free to add lemon, coconut, or different nuts in the future.