13 Jan One Skillet Chicken Pesto
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner meal that is affordable too! You’ve found it! Our one skillet chicken pesto dinner is the perfect weeknight meal when you’re running around with school, sports, work, you name it! Especially if you take a couple of shortcuts + get some of these ingredients pre-made at the stores!
You can either use a whole chicken that you’ve cooked in the crockpot on the side or you can pick up a whole rotisserie chicken at the store! I usually get the one without any flavor to minimize the yucky ingredients. It should say chicken, salt, water – basically.
I also bought Whole Foods pre-made pesto! It’s prepared by Severino Pasta Company! This brand I found in the frozen section actually at a local Whole Foods 365 store. I freakin’ LOVE this one because they use sheep milk/goat milk cheese in it (which is more easily digestable!). If you can’t find it, you can opt for a pesto on the shelf (there may be some ingredients that are still blah) or you can make it homemade!
One Skillet Chicken Pesto
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Cooked
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Tbsp Pesto I used Whole Foods pre-made one!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Peeled, Chopped
- 4 Swiss Chard Leaves Large, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Small, Chopped
- Sunflower Seeds (Optional!)
- Heat avocado oil up in skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes. Cook the sweet potatoes until they are soft.
- Add in the swiss chard and chicken and mix well!
- Once everything in the skillet is heated up well and soft to cut, add in the pesto and mix well!
- Take it off heat + enjoy! Top with optional sunflower seeds!