28 Aug Lamb Kofta
If you’ve never tried lamb, it is a rich and flavorful red meat high in iron, zinc, vitamin B-12 and selenium! This dish can be made into meatballs or served kabob style. I served it in a bowl with turmeric cauliflower rice and blistered tomatoes. Zucchini is another great veggie to pair with this dish! Throw on a dollop of hummus or tzatziki and you have your own trendy, Instagram worthy, middle eastern buddha bowl! Don’t forget to tag us at @thrivalnutrition when you recreate this deliciousness!
- 2 Lbs Ground Lamb You Can Sub 1lb of Ground Beef for Milder Flavor
- 2 Tbs Parsley Fresh and Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- Set oven to 385F.
- In a bowl or Kitchenaid mixer, add all the ingredients and mix together.
- Have a cast iron or oven safe skillet heating up on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Roll into desired size meatballs. I use a cookie scoop to assure they are all about the same size.
- Place meatballs in hot cast iron and sear to get that carmelization on the outside. (about 30 seconds) Turn meatballs twice to sear evenly. You don't want them cooked throughout the middle.
- Move cast iron into oven for 20 minutes to complete cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!