09 Sep Instant Pot Mojo Chicken
Mojo is an extremely popular marinade used in Cuba, Canary Islands, and Puerto Rico consisting of oil, fresh citrus, + lots of garlic! Garlic has many immune boosting benefits. You will absolutely drool over this one pot chicken recipe. Annnnd it’s dairy and gluten free, of course! These flavors are so fresh and flavorful you’ll for sure be coming back for seconds!
Tag us on Instagram + Facebook @thrivalnutrition when you make this delicious instant pot mojo chicken.
Other instant pot chicken recipes we have are:
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot game, get yours on Amazon!
Instant Pot Mojo Chicken
- 5 Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 Limes Juiced
- 2/3 Cup Orange Juice Fresh
- 1 Tbl Orange Zest
- 8 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbl Salt Kosher
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbl Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbl Cumin Powder
- In a bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, and all spices. Stir. (Note: You can marinate chicken before hand for extra flavor but it is not necessary)
- Press Saute on instant pot and add 1Tbl of avocado oil or olive oil + chopped onion
- Once onion is translucent, add chicken and top with your mojo sauce/marinade mixture.
- Seal lid on instant pot and press manual for 25 minutes.
- Quick release, shred chicken in the mojo sauce, and serve over rice and black beans.