11 Jul Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry
My husband actually complimented me on this meal! He likes everything I make, but for him to compliment me on a dish is a big deal! Not only was getting a compliment super exciting, BUT he doesn’t like curry. He always groans when I occasionally make curry, but not this time! This Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry was super delightful!
I tried to keep this a pretty mild and not too spicy, which curry can be if you over do it.
I served this over rice + sauteed bok choy. If you follow me via IG stories, I showed you a little bit about how I made the bok choy and it’s super simple! My FAVORITE finishing oil that adds so much flavor is the Chosen Foods Toasted Sesame Oil – it gives so much flare to average vegetables.
And if you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot train – where are you at?!
Try our Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry NOW! 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Bone Broth
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Basil Leaves Chopped
- Salt + Pepper
- In the Instant Pot, put on sauteé mode and add the butter, onions, and garlic. Sauteé it for a couple of minutes to strengthen the flavor.
- After a couple of minutes, add the rest of the ingredients into the Instant Pot. Mix well.
- Turn on Instant Pot and and manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When it's finished, vent the IP and take the chicken out.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on sauteé mode and reduce the broth/milk down until it's thick. To help this process, you can add a tapioca flour slurry a couple of times until it's thick to your preference. (To make a slurry, add 1 tbsp tapioca flour with a small amount of water and mix into the liquid you are trying to thicken.)
- After the sauce has thickened, add the chicken back in. Serve over rice and veggies!