04 Feb Homemade Gluten Free Crepes
I will not deny that we’re addicted to crepes right now. Close to where I live, there is an amazing crepe café + I went to go grab something to eat and I’ve NEVER tried a crepe before. Can you believe it? Anyways, I saw they had GF crepes and decided to try one.
And fell in love with it. I told myself I HAVE to figure out a homemade gluten free crepes recipe.
I’m all about mixing and combining my own flours, like almond and coconut, but I swayed for just a normal GF baking flour alternative. I used the one by Bob Red Mills – the 1:1 Gluten Free Flour. I felt that I just needed to use a 1:1 GF flour that has been tried and tested to be very similar to regular flour.
One thing I love about crepes is that you can switch it from sweet to savory. We filled the crepe with coconut milk whipped cream and fruit. You can fill it pesto and chicken. I mean the ideas are endless.
This batch makes about 6-7 crepes + I’m going to highly recommend double batching these. You’ll want more to store away in the freezer or something, so all you have to do is heat up and serve! But, fresh is best.
Homemade Gluten Free Crepes
- 2 Eggs Pasture-Raised Preferred
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Butter Grass-Fed, Melted
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Bob Red Mill's 1:1 Flour
- Coconut Oil For Pan
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender, except the flour and blend well.
- Stop the blender. Add in the GF flour to the blender and finish blending. It shouldn’t be lumpy. If it’s too thick, feel free to add a tbs of almond milk and mix it together.
- Heat a skillet on low/medium heat with coconut oil. Make sure the pan is very well greased.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour the batter slowly into the pan. You’ll want it as thin as possible. Take the pan and tilt it to let the batter spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Each crepe won’t take long to cook because they are so thin. They should be completely firm on the bottom before you flip them to cook the other side. Each crepe should take less or about a minute to cook.