29 Apr Healthy Loaded Nachos
When you think of nachos, healthy may not be the first idea that comes to mind….until you’ve made ours. This meal (or appetizer) is a crowd favorite to feed hungry mouths when you’re in a hurry or just need a quick dish to serve. Our love for the Siete brand chips and tortillas run deep. Feel free to check out their other products like cashew queso or sprouted bean dip. Both would be exceptional on these nachos and can be found at your local grocery.
Whole Foods for sure carries all of their products! I love healthy nachos because you can basically fridge forage and use anything you already have in the fridge. Aside from adding a beauiful color, fresh herbs like green onion and cilantro give a huge nutrient boost. Scallions are high in fiber believe it or not.
They aid in weight loss, immunity, heart health, and bone health. Cilantro lowers the bad cholesterol and is packed with micronutrients, antioxidants, and the go to for heavy metal detoxification! Add leftover steak or chicken and other veggies like sweet potatoes and mushrooms. There are NO RULES so sign me up!
If you cannot eat dairy and aren’t a fan of packaged vegan cheese like Violife, try our Butternut Squash Queso
Tag us with your favorite creation of healthy loaded nachos! These are too good to save for just a game day.
Healthy Loaded Nachos
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips Siete'
- 1 Can Black Beans Organic
- 2 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Tomatoes Organic
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Organic
- 1 Bunch Green Onion
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1.5 Cups Cheese Voilife or Grassfed (Optional)
- 1 Jalapeno Optional
- Chicken or Beef Optional
- Turn on oven to 350 and prepare a large baking sheet.
- Dice bell pepper, onion, green onion and tomatoes.
- Drain beans
- Open your bag of Siete' chips and spread out on baking sheet.
- Top with vegan queso, Violife dairy free, or grass fed cheese (optional)
- Add beans, onion, bell pepper, tomato, jalapeno, green onion on top.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes until everything cooks down and melts over the chips before removing
- Finish with cilantro and diced avocado over top. Serve hot!