22 Oct Healthier Snickers
Snickers are one of the top 10 most popular candy bars! It’s a Halloween childhood staple that I could literally eat every single day if I didn’t control myself. BUUUUT, know better do better is my motto. Unfortunately, this candy is made from cheap, highly processed ingredients like corn syrup, soy lethicin, processed sugar, palm oil, and “artificial flavors” Ugh. Toss that Halloween candy to the curb, and make these delicious CLEAN bars for your family. Want to make it paleo? No problem, just sub the peanuts for almonds or almond butter. Oh and can I just add there’s no baking required!
If you love these you will for sure drool over these Peanut Butter Cups!
When you make these Snickers, tag us on Facebook + Instagram at @thrivalnutrition 🙂
Healthier Homemade Snickers Bars
- Food Processor or Immersion Blender
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1.5 Cup Coconut Milk Full Fat, Organic
- 2 Tbl Peanut Butter
- 20 Medjool Dates Pitted
- 1 Cup Roasted Peanuts Crushed, roasted and salted
- 2/3 Cup Water I used water from boiled dates
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips Enjoy Life
- 2 Tbl Coconut Oil
- Add boiling water to your pitted dates and allow them to soften. You will come back to these in a bit
- In a food processor, blend coconut flour, coconut milk, and peanut butter
- Put inside silicone molds and fill 1/3. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
For "Caramel" Layer
- In the food processor or using an immersion blender, blend up dates with 2/3 c. date water, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth caramel like consistency.
- Spread over the nougat layer. Add your crushed salted peanuts on top and gently press down. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut oil + chocolate chips into a small pot. Heat it up together.
- Stir until smooth. When melted, top each silicone mold with a chocolate layer! Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer!