01 Jan Greek Quinoa Salad with Lemon Tahini Drizzle
This high protein greek quinoa salad is so satisfying. It’s a great option for those avoiding gluten (which I believe everyone should avoid, regardless of a sensitivity or not). In all types of people, the exposure to gliadin (a protein in wheat) increased intestinal permeability (aka leaky gut) due to the increase of an enzyme called zonulin that gliadin increased. Inflammation was also increased in people. You can read a study here .
Unlike your typical soggy salad, you can make and dress this one ahead of time as a grab and go mason jar meal. I love the fact that it’s packed with veggies, proteins, fiber, and healthy fats. The chickpeas provide quality amounts of magnesium, B6, and fiber. Quinoa provides protein, fiber, and essential amino acids.
This is a fabulous meal prep option you can store in the fridge all week! I love dipping fresh veggies in the tahini dressing as a snack too 🙂 Feel free to add some grilled chicken if you need more protein. Our mojo chicken would be BOMB with this or you can use some leftover chicken from a whole chicken that you might’ve cooked earlier in the week!
Tag us @thrivalnutrition with you greek quinoa salad for your next #meatlessmonday, so we can see your beautiful creation! xo
Greek Quinoa Salad with Lemon Tahini
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Can Chickpeas Organic
- 1 Cup Sweet Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
Lemon Tahini Drizzle
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Water Warm
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced or Grated
- 1 Tsp Salt Kosher
- Pepper To Taste
- Rinse quinoa.
- On the stove, add 1 cup of quinoa+ salt to 2 cups boiling water. Cover for 15-20 min and remove from heat.
- Chop or mince veggies as desired. Add drained chickpeas.
- Let quinoa cool off a bit, then add veggies
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Add water, lemon juice, tahini, salt, pepper, EVOO, red vinegar, and garlic. Use a whisk or my favorite immersion blender to mix.
- Pour over salad or drizzle individually. Store salad and dressing in the fridge.