09 Feb Fall Apart Sweet Potatoes in 15 Minutes!
Sweet potatoes are an all-time staple in our house. We can’t get enough of them! Sweet potatoes are the perfect starchy vegetable that can give you healthy carbohydrates, but are full of nutrients. Sweet potatoes are….
- LOADED with vitamin A. One cup of sweet potato gets you 769% of your daily value of Vitamin A.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- B vitamins
As you can see, sweet potatoes are super nutrient dense and an easy side dish that you can serve to your family.
One of the downfalls with cooking sweet potatoes in a short time is having to use an unhealthy way of cooking, like the microwave. Baking sweet potatoes or grilling sweet potatoes can take a long time to fully cook a sweet potato.
What’s a mama to do?!
Enter the pressure cooker!
I’m telling you, if you haven’t bought or used a pressure cooker yet, you need to. It’s such a time saver and eating healthy has never been faster or easier. So, how do you use a pressure cooker for sweet potatoes? Easy.
- Put a cup of filtered water into the pressure cooker.
- If your pressure cooker has a steam rack to put inside the pot to lift the food from the bottom, put it in. If not, no worries! Place the sweet potatoes inside the pressure cooker.
- On high pressure, place the timer at 15 minutes.
- When it’s done, do a quick steam release.
- Voila! When you open up your pressure cooker, your sweet potatoes are ready to eat! Slather on the grass-fed butter and cinnamon and enjoy!
One thing I love about cooking sweet potatoes this way is that it falls apart easily and the skin separates, which my kids don’t like to have. I really wish they did, but I’m choosing my battles for right now.
Don’t have a pressure cooker? It’s time to get one!