Do you or someone you know struggle with depression? This is a must-listen-to episode as we sit down with Dr. Paul Saladino. We’re talking all about how functional medicine ties into depression. THIS is how we should be treating depression, instead of throwing pharmaceuticals and off you go.
We need to dig DEEPER – while pharmaceuticals can be a great way to help short-term, it’s NOT a long term solution. Here is what Dr. Paul and I are covering in this episode…
- What he is seeing in psychiatry residency
- Pros + cons of traditional treatment of depression
- How depression is connected with food, inflammation, nutrition
- How depression is connected with methylation + genes
- How depression is connected with gut health
- Action steps that YOU can be taking right now if you suffer from depression
About Dr. Paul Saladino
Dr. Saladino trained at the University of Arizona with a focus on Integrative Medicine, obtaining his M.D. in 2015. He is a certified Functional Medicine practitioner (IFMCP) through the Institute for Functional Medicine and currently in his final year of residency in Psychiatry at the University of Washington. His interests include connections between the microbiome and mental illness as well as nutritional biochemistry. In his practice he is passionate about understanding and correcting the roots of disease.
Ready to use food-as-medicine? We see clients virtually all over the U.S. and local to Austin, TX. Book your free 15 minute appointment to check out our services!