After a hard workout, refueling can help the body repair muscles and refuel your body for what it used during your workout. One of my favorite, yet easy, post workout shakes is the cherry chocolate shake. Filled with grass-fed whey protein to help repair & refuel and frozen organic cherries and banana to replenish carbohydrates and help the body become more alkaline after a workout (since our bodies will naturally reduce pH during exercise). With only four ingredients, indulge in this delicious post workout shake.
- 1/4 Cup of Frozen Organic Cherries (Whole Foods brand 365 is the kind I always get)
- 1 Banana
- Grass-Fed Chocolate Whey Protein (I have used and liked Tera’s Whey, Reserveage Organics, and Mattole Valleys.)
- 6-8 oz of Vanilla Almond Milk
- In a blender, put in the almond milk, cherries, and banana and blend well.
- After blended well, add in the scoops (follow directions for your specific whey protein) of whey protein and blend until smooth.
When you create this recipe, tag us @thrivalnutrition on Facebook or Instagram. We’d love to see your creations. Or on Twitter @thrival_orlando! 🙂