26 Nov Chimichurri Chicken Skillet
I’m so excited to introduce this chimichurri chicken skillet recipe to you! I’m such a chimichurri lover! It’s such a fantastic way of adding herbs and spices and FLAVOR to a dish! Which is what we did here in this recipe.
It’s super simple, but so tasty. It’s only THREE basic ingredients that you put into a skillet and all of the chimichurri ingredients you just throw into a food processor. This is a perfect beginner cook recipe. It doesn’t get ANY simpler!
I used this food processor for this recipe, which I LOVE because it comes with other options for cooking too!
Start making our chimichurri chicken skillet right now!
Chimichurri Chicken Skillet
Chicken + Veggies
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast Organic, Diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Large, Peeled, Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash Large, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley Tightly Packed
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Tightly Packed
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions Chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- In a skillet over medium/high heat, heat up the avocado oil and diced chicken breast. When the chicken is 75% done, add in the sweet potatoes and salt + pepper (to taste). Use a pan that has a lid to help it cook faster. **If needed, add more avocado oil to pan.
- As the chicken and sweet potatoes cook, work on the chimichurri sauce. All you have to do is put every ingredient for the sauce into a food processor and process it until everything is incorporated together. **It will NOT be a smooth sauce. You'll still see chopped parsley and cilantro and garlic pieces. That's OK! Set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are easy to put a fork through and chicken is not pink in the center, add in the yellow squash and cook for an additional 5 minutes. (I like my yellow squash al dente versus super soft).
- Take the skillet off the heat. Put the contents into a bowl and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over it and ENJOY!