15 Apr Buddah Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing
A traditional buddah bowl consists of a grain, vegetables, protein(meat, tofu, beans), and dressing. According to Urban Dictionary, a bowl which is packed so full that it has a rounded belly appearance on the top much like the belly of a buddha.
Since I’m not a huge fan of grains in general due to digestion, my top preference is organic jasmine rice or forbidden black rice. I love that you can roast a variety of veggies and protein ahead of time to give options throughout the week. It’s like the capsule wardrobe of cooking.
Some of my favorite combinations aside from this one are:
- Kale, sweet potato, chickpea, pickled red onion
- Black rice, salmon, mushroom, snap pea
- Lentil, spinach, carrot, chicken
The lemon tahini drizzle is what makes it but we have some other bomb options.
If you like this recipe, try our mojo chicken! That recipe is super flavorful + instead of using the grilled chicken, like what is shown here, you can put some of that shredded mojo chicken in this buddah bowl to add some FLAVA! Seriously, delish!
When you create this buddah bowl, tag us on IG and Facebook, so we can see your creation at @thrivalnutrition
Buddah Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 Head Broccoli Organic
- 1 Bunch Carrots Organic
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice Organic
- 1 Package Mushrooms Organic
- 1 Bunch Kale Organic
- 3 Chicken Breasts (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Sauerkraut Bubbies brand (optional)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water Warm
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Rinse vegetables and pat them dry.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil water and cook rice.
- Cut up vegetables to your liking.
- Toss with avocado oil and seasonings of choice. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Use more of less water depending on the consistency you want.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl. Top with some fermented veggies like Bubbies sauerkraut and add tahini dressing.
For Lemon Tahini Dressing
- With an immersion blender, blend tahini, lemon juice, ACV, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and warm water.