13 Jan Breakfast Wraps
I freakin’ love these breakfast wraps. They do take a little time to make, but it’s always so worth it. You’ll always hear me talk about how you need vegetables in every meal. Duh. But sometimes, breakfast can seem really intimidating…..greens at breakfast?! YES!
Using a collard leaf or swiss chard leaf can make getting your greens in the morning super easy. I couldn’t wait to share with you one of my favorite ways – which is in these breakfast wraps.
If you want to actually use a tortilla, use Siete’s almond flour or coconut flour tortillas to avoid gluten and junk processed food. If you’re wondering what is wrapped around the swiss chard leaf in the picture, it’s parchment paper. The parchment paper keeps everything together before it unravels. You most likely will have veggies or eggs fall out of the bottom, but that’s okay! You got the parchment paper to catch it. 😉
P.S. You can totally stuff these with your choice toppings, it doesn’t have to be exactly what I choose, BUT this combination is killer.
- 1 Swiss Chard Leaf
- 2 Sausage Links Applegate, Chopped
- 2 Eggs Pasture Raised
- 1/2 Avocado Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Heat up the avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. While it's heating, scramble the eggs in a bowl. Cut the bottom stem off the Swiss chard leaf.
- Put in the sausage links on the skillet and cook until they are heated through and crispy on the outside.
- Once the sausage links are finished, take them out and set them aside. Add the eggs and chopped peppers into the skillet. Cook the eggs until they are firm and the peppers are soft. Set aside when finished.
- Lay the Swiss chard leaf on top of a piece of parchment paper. Put the chopped sausage links, eggs, chopped peppers, chopped avocado and some salt on top of the Swiss chard leaf.
- Wrap the filling with the Swiss chard leaf very tightly. Next, you'll want to do the same thing with the parchment paper. When everything is bound tightly, twist the two ends of the parchment paper to keep everything inside. Cut in half. Enjoy!