05 Sep Blistered Shishito Peppers + Sriracha Aoili
If I’m completely honest, I’m not a huge pepper lover BUT… after one date night to Uchi, these little Japanese heirloom peppers stole my heart! I knew I had to come home and make a healthier version without sacrificing the flavor! These babies are the perfect combo of mildly sweet and spicy. (The bag claims that only 1 in 10 are actually hot) Loaded with vitamin C and anti- inflammatory properties, shishito peppers make the perfect appetizer or side dish! Just don’t forget the spicy paleo aoili to take them to the next level.
Try these shishito peppers + tag us over on Instagram + Facebook @thrivalnutrition! If you need 1:1 help with your nutrition, make sure you check out our services + see how we can help you!
Blistered Shishito Peppers + Sriracha Aoili
- 1 Lb. Shishito Peppers
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil Organic, Non GMO
- 2 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tsp Maldon Sea Salt
Paleo Sriracha Aoli
- 1 Cup Avocado Oil Mayo We love Chosen Foods or brand
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Heat your cast iron or wok to medium high heat with avocado oil or non gmo organic sesame oil.
- Add your peppers and allow them to sit and blister for a minute. Stir and toss.
- Add the coconut aminos. Toss one more time
- Plate and add maldon sea salt to finish. Serve immediately.
- In a food processor or using an immersion blender, blend mayo, sriracha, garlic, paprika, lemon juice.
- Serve in a ramekin alongside the peppers to dip.