31 Jan Avocado Flourless Cake
This avocado flourless cake is legit. This originally was supposed to be brownies. BUT, it didn’t work out that way. I was thinking it could be cake-like brownies, but it ended up being really just cake.
Either way, it’s so good and I’m so excited that this recipe didn’t use any flour! It’s also nice to mix things up and even though it doesn’t use flour, it’s just as moist and delicious as ever.
The additional chocolate chips are optional, but who doesn’t like to bite into a cake with chocolate chips inside?! I know I do!
I also love that this cake is loaded with healthy fats from avocado and almonds. My kiddos were so happy that I packed this in their lunch box + so was I because I can’t get them to eat avocado for the life of me.
Avocado Flourless Cake
- 1 Avocado Mashed
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter *
- 3 Eggs Pasture-Raised Preferred
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Baking Cocoa Organic
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and almond butter really well until smooth. I like to use a potato masher by hand to make sure I really break it down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well with a hand mixer. I start off on medium speed for 30 seconds. Then, I use high speed until it's mixed well and totally smooth. If you're adding in chocolate chips, you can fold them in after the batter has been mixed.
- Spray coconut oil in an 8x8 baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes. The toothpick test* should be done to confirm doneness.